Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Problem of Hitting 'Send'

I knew I had to do it.
I just couldn't seem to make myself hit send.
My mouse sat near the send button.
God, give me the courage to send this.
Finally, I clicked the mouse.
It was sent.
Now, to wait for the reply.
Maybe this is a pride issue, but apologizing is not my favorite thing in the world.
But it has to be done.
I had known I needed to apologize to this person for a few weeks. I had made a rather sarcastic comment and felt bad about it. It wasn't anything big, but I really wished I hadn't said it, or at least had apologized sooner. Many a night in the past few weeks had I laid in bed, silently composing the apology email, only to find when morning came I had lost my nerve. Day after day and night after night this had gone on until finally this afternoon I sat down and typed it out.
Then came the problem of sending it.
And that was a bit of a problem.
I think I spell-checked it about six thousand times.
And then read it and re-read it about seven thousand times.
Finally, finally, I hit send-
-and it was gone.
I sat down after dinner to check my email.
She had already replied!
She told me that she accepted my apology, but it wasn't necessary...
Unless, of course, God had convicted me of it.
Which He did.
Even though it wasn't a big deal to her, it was to me.
And apparently it was to God, too.
I felt almost silly after reading her response, seeing as she said she wasn't even sure if she remembered what I had said.
But I'm so glad I hit send.
I feel so much lighter now.

PS.....I have a new blog!!! Don't worry, I'll still be posting on this one, but my friend (who has 11, soon to be 12 siblings) and I started a blog called Big Sisters, Big Families. (I love hyperlinks).
www.bigsistersbigfamilies.blogspot.com
Side note, I'd appreciate it if you guys would follow it....
I know all of you are there.
I see you through StatCounter.
I happen to know all ten of my followers personally. I love you guys...
But I still know the rest you are reading this:)

No comments: